Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Art for Sippitydoodle

This is a smattering of art I've done for the place where I teach evening painting classes in downtown McKinney. It's called Sippitydoodle, a paint party studio where people can sip and paint and finish a canvas painting ready to hang, in two to three hours. No prior artistic skills are necessary--there's an artist there to show the client where and how to apply the paint to a pre-sketched canvas. Everything is furnished except the beverage of choice--it's a BYOB. I love working there! Check out the website for Sippity...
http://www.sippitydoodlepaintparties.com














These next three were some that I did for the express purpose of 'personalizing'. My thought was a client can paint any of the designs and then personalize it for a nursery or kids' room, a gift for a baby shower, etc. I suppose any of the paintings could be personalized, though some lend themselves better than others.












A class of clients did this fleur de lis and each client used a different color palette. They were all so unique and beautiful! I loved that class!




I painted this one with my mom over a few weeks. I like hers better! It worked well for a couple of clients in a class though!








I sold this one at the Artfest downtown a few weeks ago.



I've had three classes painting this one so far!



This also sold at the Artfest downtown.








I painted this to match the decor in my livingroom but it's in an upcoming class.













These next couple are for Doodlebugs, the kids' classes at the studio.




6 comments:

  1. Wow! You are very talented.

    My artistic talents are with a camera - I see it, I click it.

    Your forum post asked for suggestions and I only have one. Make you posts a little more specific.

    This one started out with the troops related paintings. I would have made that one post and then grouped your other artwork into some categories for additional posts (or posted them individually). This allows you to put labels on the posts, which visitors can use to narrow their search of your work. This is especially true if a visitor sees a painting they really like and want to find similar paintings in previous posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good, frame worthy in my opinion. While my own style is radically differnt, consisting of manga art and still lives, I love how you use color, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your paintings are very colorful. And i think that as your forum post asked for suggestions, i think at if you made a blog for each painting that is a like it would be easier for the reader to see what you do. but all together i think it looks grate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments! Laughing and AMH, you are right, it does read easier with them grouped, thank you for your suggestions. Texas Teen, thank you, I love the color, you ought to see my livingroom! LOTS of color! The color portraits of my daughters, the large 3x5 stripy painting, and several more my daughter painted are in there and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work! And a lot of it! Don't know which I like better - the paintings or the floral arrangements - because I love them both! I also paint, but would love to see more of your work on here. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks C2C for your comments, I very much appreciate them! I visited your blogs, they are very uplifting and inspiring, and I love the recipes!! Your art is beautiful, great job!!

    ReplyDelete